Infographics are the rage right now, and why not — they contain a lot of info in fun-little-cartoon form. Find out how many emails are sent, how many [...]
Remember learning about Schadenfreude from the hilarious Avenue Q (the folks who brought us The Internet is for Porn?) It’s deriving pleasure from watching someone else struggle. But this hilariously painful clip has a happy [...]
You’ve heard of the wisdom of the crowd. It works: crowds tend to be smarter than the individuals of which they’re made up. Ironically, recent evidence suggests that even crowds can be influenced by a certain few charmers… right back into mediocrity.
Happy Valentine’s. Storytelling is an indelible driver of success in both business and romance. So check out how one comedian wooed audiences with his parents’ incredible love story – via Twitter.
If you want people to actually return your carefully crafted email, take a close look at this article from Mashable, who presents an infographic that analyzes Google‘s finding from its Boomerang plugin.
> Avoid using words like “join” or “invite” in the title. These get junked.
> Want your email [...]
A few months back, a friend asked me whether social media is still the biggest, newest thing in marketing. Thinking of the explosion of couponing sites and the locavore movement, I answered, “No: local is.”
The lifecycle of such trends used to be years, even decades; now it’s months. And today, the [...]
Flipping through a recent Social Media primer today on Flowtown, I had twin epiphanies.
1) Women make up a distinct majority of users on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest. (According to TechCrunch, they also stay 30% longer.)
2) It seems like no one’s talking about this.
Many know Sean Parker as Justin Timberlake, portrayed in the hit film The Social Network. But the Napster founder and social media guru has a lot to say on Facebook‘s upcoming Initial Public Offering, rumored to hit the market by the beginning of summer.
Parker’s not only saying the Facebook [...]
May 2013 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Arts & Culture
- Economics & Finance
- Find out what your reputation is actually worth. Register for the @TripAdvisor + @Swissotel + @Marketmetrix #webinar. http://t.co/K8i9vkf6Nf 5 days ago
- It's no secret -- @marketmetrix shows how #hotels can improve their @TripAdvisor ranking! See the webinar: https://t.co/po1vLdNkzr #li 1 week ago
- @49ers new stadium will carry Levi’s tag http://t.co/2SOu3sBOsT #nfl #li 1 week ago
- President Obama selects @Hyatt #Hotels heiress Pritzker as #commerce secretaryy http://t.co/JW16cE6eTK #hospitality 2 weeks ago
- FREE BEER! Four Points By @sheratonhotels offers what matters most to #hostpitality #customers http://t.co/gaUgtJYV9s 2 weeks ago
- Innovative #employee engagement leads directly to #customer satisfaction (and revenue) in #hospitality http://t.co/dVzc7gvOF9 2 weeks ago
- Congrats to @Kimpton, @FairmontHotels, and Hotel Nikko SF - Best Places to Work! per @SFBusinessTimes http://t.co/jy1RixCIbG #li 3 weeks ago